Sunday, October 2, 2016

8 Stories (Reflection) By: Ali Noel Tonga

Footnote to Youth

This story is a great one for Filipino teenagers to read. In this story, you will learn on the consequences on being impatient and making decisions that are not well planned. I can relate to Dodong on his attitude because sometimes I quarrel with my parents on silly things and not understanding on each other. Sometimes I also think that I am always right and a grown up that I see my parents on the same level even though I am still young. The story also taught that love can wait and not rushing to marriage. The family on this story are suffering on a cycle that is getting married too early and does not have enough knowledge on family planning and not having proper jobs. So I will be going to avoid the mistakes of Dodong and be patient on love because it is always worth the wait.

My Father Goes to Court

I find this story laughable. There are some people that are like the rich man. One of them is me because sometimes like the rich man and his kids I blame others with my misfortunes even though they have not done anything wrong to me. I always jump to conclusions that the people around me are the cause of my failures without investigating evidences. The lesson that I learned about this story is find the cause of my problems and make solutions and not pointing at other people because it will just alienate me to other people and will just going to have a bad reputation.

How My Brother Leon Brought Home a Wife

This story can relate to couples that lives in a different lifestyle. Most people are afraid of meeting the parents of their love ones because if they differ in each other’s lifestyle, they may not get along. They may always quarrel every time because of decisions they may not agree. Also, they may have a hard time adjusting to each other’s environment. Maria inspires me because she likes Leon and she is easily adjusting to her lover’s environment. She always tries to get along with their culture and will sang along with Leon. She is also not scared of animals as she is befriending the family’s bull, Labang.

Magnificence

There are important lessons that can learned from this story. Sometimes I brag if I have a high score in a test or someone gives me beautiful things like the boy and the girl in the story. I always ask something more things that I don’t need like the children. I also learned from this story that I should not trust someone easily that I don’t know even if they give me nice things because it will save me from danger. It also taught me that I always listen to my parents because they love me and will always protect me danger.

May Day Eve

This story reflects me that women should be on the same level as men. Women should be respected as they are the ones that can also do things like men too. They can also decide what they should do in their own life and they have the ability to accomplish their dreams. I also learned in this story that revenge does nothing good in life and will just make life miserable. Learning to forgive and forget will make life good and gives a nice feeling to oneself. This story taught me that love is very important as this is what make life going.

Mother’s Break

In this poem, the moral is we should always respect our mothers. They are the ones that take care of us while we are growing up. They are the ones that will support us what we want to do in our life. They help us build a good personality and taught us the good values in our life. As for our future wives, we should always respect them as they are the one that give birth to our children. They will be the ones that cooks delicious foods and should always help them as possible. We should always love them.

Geyluv

In this story, I reflect that gays should always be respected as they also human beings, not second class citizens. After all, love is very powerful. It is impossible to stop someone that loves another human being regardless of sex, age and people with disabilities. Gays should have the rights to marry the one they love as they are also a part of our community. They help us build our nation into a better place where there will be no discrimination so people can live nicely and have freedom to do anything. We should support them as they also support us.

Song of the Tear-gassed Man

This are for the people that suffers for fighting for their rights to the government. They experience the tear gas which can hurt the people with asthma. Government doesn’t always listen to rallies for fighting for what they believe in. I believe that the government should always listen to the people that they are serving as it is their purpose to fulfill their needs. Governments should always try to cooperate with the people that are rallying and not hurt them so that the people will be please and be satisfied and fulfill their needs. As a good cooperation can always lead to good result.

No comments:

Post a Comment